Engagement has not always been a key element to grow a business, but nowadays, in a world where social media is more than just a common denominator to increase your bottom line, you must engage with your audience to serve them better.
Social media frenzy of posting for the sake of posting won’t get you anywhere. The goal of your online presence is to capture attention and motivate people to not only become part of your business community but to also become lifelong customers.
How can you accomplish this?
– Position yourself under their radar to get their attention
– Got the attention? Don’t let them go away and retain that attention!
STRATEGIES TO ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
One of the trigger points you should be on the look out for is the type of content (specific keywords) your audience respond to. To find the answer you might have to test and do some research.
– A good place to start is Google’s Free Keyword Tool Planner..to ‘reach the right customers with the right keywords‘.
Using #hashtags and your own analytics (Google Analytics – GA ) can determine the popular keywords/topics and the content that draw people to your website.
Once you know what they’re looking for, try various content formats, topics, and headlines to identify your material that generates attention and creates conversation, clicks and conversions.
CREATING A STRONG PLATFORM
Will you meet your audience’s expectations? Yes, if your brand and your voice support their wants and needs!
– Deploy your creativity. As an example, use your social media profile to provide a daily tip for your readers.
– You can share commentary and make your platform one that is primarily editorial.
– Identify what your audience wants and how you can offer them value, and then format your platform specifically around that
BE OPEN TO TALKS AND INVITE CONVERSATIONS
To engage with others, ask questions and invite feedback.
– Publish polls
– Ask for opinions
– Seek advice
– Incite controversy
– Start a dialogue
The goal for your social media presence is to motivate your readers and followers to get involved. This requires a call to action.
CALL to ACTION
Tell your readers what to do next.
– If you want them to answer a question, ask them to answer a question
– If you want their opinion, ask, “What’s your opinion?”
Finally, be sure to test and track your efforts as you learn and engage with your audience.
– Track the posts that people really get excited about.
– Track the material and links that generate the most clicks.
– Track the material that results in conversions.
The more you know about your audience, the more you can provide them with the right material – the material that not only provides value but also encourages them to become an active member of your business community.
Have fun implementing these social media tips into your business branding.
To your prosperity!
Janice Dugas | Your Online Visibility Trusted Advisor
PS : Think about granting your customers with an affiliate link and let them become an ambassador for your products & services. It’s truly a win-win situation.
PS2: Need help implementing the above strategies? Let’s talk! 🙂