How to Earn Passive Income with Information Products
I’ve first heard about selling information products back in the late 1990’s when I got interested in ways to make passive income online.
But selling information isn’t a new concept as people have been selling information through books and other medias for hundreds of years.
I firmly believe that everyone has some knowledge that should be shared with others. Sharing knowledge is the driving force behind selling information products.
Information products is definitely a perfect way to add a passive stream of revenue to your business. You create your information product once and then sell it repeatedly through your marketing strategies.
Knowledge is a valuable asset in a business.
What is an Information Product?
An information product is a piece of content that provides information on a particular topic and is usually educational in nature. Information products often come in the form of a book, report, audio, video, or graphic. Each of these items is a product in its own right.
Many people create info product packages. These often consist of multiple components or products, covering a more complex topic. Each component can be sold separately. However, when the components are combined and sold as a package, the seller is able to charge a higher price for the package.
Types of Info Products
Here are some of the most popular, well-known, and easily recognized, types of information products.
- Ebook or digital book – This is the most well known type of info product on the internet. They are simple, easy to create, and can vary in length. Ebooks are among the least expensive information products to create and sell. They may come in a variety of formats such as PDF or other formats used with readers such as Kindle.
- Reports and Manuals – These types of information products are specifically geared toward a certain segment, problem, or topic
- Audio Products – This type of info product can be a recording or series of recordings delivered on a physical CD or digitally in MP3 format. These are great for interviewing people and passing along information that your buyer can listen to anytime.
- Video Products – Video products works well for tutorial types of information as well as teleseminars, slideshows, and other visual events or activities. An example is a video that shows people how to install WordPress.
- Seminars/Webinars/Tele-class – Record a webinar or tele-class and sell the digital recording along with a digital transcript of the call or a checklist.
- Tutorials – These info products usually consist of a guide and supporting items, which give your readers the step-by-step instructions needed to learn how to do something.
- Workbooks – These info products work best when used as a supplement or bonus to a book, report, guide, or tutorial.
- Coaching Products – This type of information product is similar to tutorials but also may contain components specific to coaches such as scripts, which the coach may follow to teach a group or class.
- Information Graphics – This type of info product works especially well with abstract or complex concepts, which are difficult to visualize. Examples include mind maps, flow maps, tree maps, time lines, etc.
Fun and easy to create, these products, over time, will increase your inventory and selection of what you can offer for sale to your prospects and clients.
Always start out with an outline of the information you would like to share. Then do some research to see who else is already providing similar information. Know that competition is the best thing if you want to make more income and to find people who are in need of information on your topic.
Want To Create Massive Passive And Residual Income With Simple Digital Information Products?
I am delighted to recommend Connie Ragen Green’s Really Simple Info Products as it is not a course on the theory of info product creation and marketing. As Connie says:
Theory has its place, but this course – the Really Simple Info Products Workshop – is about the practical side of researching, creating, and marketing your own information products from home, or from wherever you happen to be in the world with an internet connection.
Over the past ten years my business has carried on profitably from the beaches of southern California, internet cafes across Europe, remote areas of Asia, as well as from my home offices in both Santa Barbara and Santa Clarita, California. This is all thanks to the content I publish and syndicate on a daily basis, using the exact methods and strategies I have time tested since 2006. I’ll teach you exactly how to do the same thing, in a way that suits your lifestyle and goals.
I’ve bought this course and can reassure you that you’ll get all you need, and more, to support your online entrepreneurship. It’s your time to get your information products created and shared with those who needs it.
Bottom line, this worthy goal can be accomplish only if you get into action and just do it !